Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Alternator issue

shyannjade

Reactions
City
Beltsville
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia stinger GT AWD
Having an issue with the alternator on a 2018 Kia stinger GT AWD. The dealership quoted me $3.3k to do the replacement. I'm wondering if you all know any loopholes on how to go around having to drop the entire motor to replace it. I looked into maybe removing the front end suspension to access the front of the motor but no luck when I was checking that. If anyone else has had this issue please share your experience with it and any tips about it, obviously I want it to be done correctly so that it doesn't happen again but then again 3 grand is insane. ANYTHING HELPS!!!!!

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
Having an issue with the alternator on a 2018 Kia stinger GT AWD. The dealership quoted me $3.3k to do the replacement. I'm wondering if you all know any loopholes on how to go around having to drop the entire motor to replace it. I looked into maybe removing the front end suspension to access the front of the motor but no luck when I was checking that. If anyone else has had this issue please share your experience with it and any tips about it, obviously I want it to be done correctly so that it doesn't happen again but then again 3 grand is insane. ANYTHING HELPS!!!!!
You have to remove the turbo manifold assembly to replace the alternator, and if you look at how to do that, it tells you to pull the engine and transmission assembly. While I have never done the job, I know people have replaced the turbo assembly—performance shops, etc.—without removing the engine and transmission. So, if you can remove the turbo assembly without removing the engine, then you can remove the alternator without removing the engine. It's still a huge job, but the alternator is on the passenger side, which is the side that is less difficult when removing the turbo and manifold assembly.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk